1. Melissa begins by creating confetti with scraps of Premium Icing Sheets™ left over from making cakes. (Save those scraps!)
2. She covers the cake with a thin coat of piping gel so the confetti will stick.
3. Then she applies the confetti to the top and sides of the cake.
4. In a container, Melissa mixes vodka and gold luster dust until it is the consistency of cream.
5. Using a fan brush, she then applies the edible gold paint to the surface of the cake, patting it down, not brushing across the surface so not to lift up the confetti.
6. Simply continue this process until the entire cake is covered and you have a beautiful, sequin cake made in a fraction of the time it takes to hand cut sequins. The Sweet Accents system makes it so easy to create sequin cakes!
So, next time you make a cake with icing sheets, hold on to those scraps!