This project is not only adorable, it’s edible!! In just a few easy steps you’ll be making portable, completely edible treats for any occasion!
Materials and Ingredients:
- Icing Images® Premium Colored Wafer Paper (color of your choice)
- Precision cutting tool or scissors
- One small container with water
- Non-stick work space and cutting surface
- One or more treats. We used Chef Mitchie‘s recipe for Shimmering Coconut Ice.
- Treat base (cake board, or other food-grade safe padding)
Step 1: Treats should be ready to go and their bases already precut/sized. We made our bases just a bit wider than the treat.
Note: for this project a low moisture treat is best.
Place one sheet of wafer paper atop cutting surface, ensuring completely even for a straight cut. Line up treat base and measure where cut should be. Make your cut with a precision knife or scissors evenly down the middle, now there are 2 strips of wafer paper. (save excess for later).
Step 2: Take two strips of cut wafer paper and lay them in a “plus sign” pattern. Slightly dampen paintbrush from water container. (Note: brush should not be dripping, tap side of brush or squeeze out excess.) in center make one to two sweeps with brush and adhere 2 strips together. It takes just a few seconds for wafer paper to adhere.
Step 3: Place treat atop center of “plus” sign. Gently wrap one end over the treat, then do the same with opposite end; treat should look like it’s nestled in a tunnel. Use scissors to make 2 cuts opposite one another (third picture below).
Step 4: Interlock the strips. Use scissors to trim off excess. Repeat step 4 with remaining sides. When complete treat will be neatly tucked away in it’s edible wrapper. Use excess pieces to make edible ornaments for decorations, we made a bow!
Wasn’t that fun? An easy and truly unique way to present your handmade treats!
- Make your treat base edible too, use 2-3 pieces of wafer paper adhered together for a sturdy base. Be sure it can withstand the weight of your treat, add more wafer paper if needed.
- Our Premium Wafer Paper has a great “work time”, however we recommend your working area be low humid and hands are dry. Wear gloves !
- Treat packages can be refrigerated; climate should not produce condensation and treats should not be near products that cause moisture/absorb.
- Use your iDesign™ account to print out various patterns with your Icing Images edible printing system.
- For more FUN, use Sweet Accent™ Die Cuts for edible ornaments! For example add some balloons and stars from the Happy Birthday Die Cut set.
- Our Premium Icing Sheets can be used for this project as well in lower humidity environments!
- Don’t forget to share, we love to see your creations!
Don’t forget to join us on Facebook for more great inspiration, and subscribe to our newsletter for tips, tricks, and tutorials straight to your inbox!