Materials and Ingredients:
- Icing Images® Premium Colored Wafer Paper (color of your choice)
- Precision cutting tool or scissors
- One small container with water
- Non-stick work space and cutting surface
- Edible Markers
Side Loading Envelope
Step One: Load your Icing Images printing system with a single sheet of Premium Wafer Paper. Select “small seed envelope” and print full page photo. Use a precision cutting tool or scissors to cut out the envelope using lines as a guide.
Note: If making one envelope at a time, keep others in an airtight plastic bag until ready to use.
Carefully make slight folds as shown, just enough to give the envelope shape but careful not to crack or bend the wafer paper.
Note: This takes a little patience and gentle hand movements.
Step Two: Lightly dampen your paintbrush, tap off excess, and make a small sweep over one of the folded corners. Join the other folded corner by pressing the wafer paper together for a few seconds until bonded.
Note: Your paintbrush should not be soaked. Too much water may melt your wafer paper rapidly.
Dampen your brush again (if necessary) and make a sweep across the bottom of the envelope. Bring the larger/backside of the envelope over to join and press the wafer paper together for a few seconds until bonded. Another sweep of your brush up the side and your envelope is complete. It’s ready to be “drawn” on and filled.
Top Loading Envelope
Making a top load envelope is just as easy. Follow step one above, but select “small side envelope” before hitting print. Much like step 2 you will create gentle folds and join the sides together with the larger backside flap.
Once you’ve created your envelope, get creative and make secret messages or fill it with goodies!
Note: For this project a low moisture treat is best.
Wasn’t that fun? An easy and truly unique way to present your handmade treats or notes!
- Our Premium Wafer Paper has a great “work time”, however we recommend your working area be low humid and hands are dry. Wear gloves!
- Treat packages can be refrigerated; climate should not produce condensation and treats should not be near products that cause moisture/absorb.
- Use your iDesign™ account to print out various patterns with your Icing Images edible printing system.
- For more FUN, use Sweet Accent™ Die Cuts for edible ornaments! For example add some balloons and stars from the Happy Birthday Die Cut set.
- Our Premium Icing Sheets can be used for this project as well in lower humidity environments!
- Don’t forget to share, we love to see your creations!
Don’t forget to join us on Facebook for more great inspiration, and subscribe to our newsletter for tips, tricks, and tutorials straight to your inbox!