It’s football season and the Super Bowl is right around the corner! Are you ready? Show your team spirit with this creative project using DECOgel™ and edible images by Chef Mitchie from Mitchies Munchies!
Download the football template here!
Ingredients and Materials:
- Clear DECOgel™
- Edible football(s) – print template here
- Small heatproof container
- Angled Spatula
- Plastic sheet or backing from an icing sheet
- Silpat or non-stick work-space
Tip! Use shredded wafer paper or green icing to create “grass” on your cake or cupcake!
1. Place your edible football atop a piece of plastic backing from an icing sheet.
2, Melt some clear DECOgel™ in 10 second increments until smooth.
Note: The amount of DECOgel you melt depends on the number of footballs you are covering.
3. Slowly pour a small amount over the center of your logo and use your angled spatula to spread it evenly to the top and then the bottom. Move rather quickly to avoid the DECOgel™ setting up and getting air bubbles.
4. Scrape off the excess DECOgel on the angled spatula using the sides of your heatproof container, then use the spatula to gently lift your logo off the clear plastic and move onto your silpat.
Note: Don’t pitch the clear plastic! Allow the DECOgel to set up, then peel it off and store for another use.
5. Once your DECOgel topper has set up you can use your angled spatula to place atop cupcakes.
Or melt some more DECOgel and use it as a glue to adhere your football onto your cake.
Don’t forget to share, we love to see your creations! Join us on Facebook for more great inspiration, and subscribe to our newsletter for tips, tricks, and tutorials straight to your inbox!