Guest Blogger Edna De La Cruz shows us how easy it is to create a simple flower to adorn any cake! Perfect for use with a hole punch as demonstrated here or use one our our amazing electronic cutting machines. Our premium wafer paper has a wonderful vanilla taste and scent. You can also use it in humid climates too!
1. I start with a small piece of gumpaste that I shape in the shape of a tiny hershey kiss.
2. I take a wire #24 or #26 and make a loop on it.
3. Add some glue to the wire ( love to use paper wire), then thread the gumpaste piece you made through the wire. Make sure it’s attached well.
4. Cut a Hydrangea flower with a punch cutter. Place a bit of glue on the gumpaste and then glue the flower to it.
5. Add a stamen to the center of the flower and let it dry.
I hope you like this simple tutorial. For the bottom tier of this cake I used an Edible Image. I love how easy it is to print an image and just go from there in a design. The paper had some daisies printed in it so I used the wafer paper daisies with gold centers for the arrangement I placed on the cake and added the hydrangeas also. I have an advanced step by step video tutorial on how to make the daisies on my website.
Edna De La Cruz